Every year, more than half a million Americans die from cancer; that is 1 out of every 4 deaths. It is the second leading cause of death in the United States. According to the US Cancer Statistics Incidence and Mortality report, 562,867 people (about 1,500 people a day) died of cancer in the United States in 2007 (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC], 2011).
According to the American Cancer Society’s website (http://www.cancer.org):
• In 2007 in the United States 223,307 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer and 29,093 men died from prostate cancer.
• It is estimated that 240,890 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and 33,720 men will die from it in 2011.
• Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men of all races and is the second leading cause of death in men.
• 1 in 6 men will be affected by prostate cancer in their lifetime.
• The National Institutes of Health estimated that for 2010 the overall annual cost of cancer would be about $263.8 billion.
Other Facts About Prostate Cancer:
- Not counting some forms of skin cancer, prostate cancer in the US is the most common cancer in men, regardless of race or ethnicity
- When prostate cancer spreads, it usually spreads to the bones and lymph nodes
- If prostate cancer is detected early, the 5-year relative survival rate is 100%
- Tests commonly used to screen for prostate cancer are the digital rectal exam (DRE) and the prostate specific antigen (PSA) blood test
- You can greatly reduce your chance of developing prostate cancer through diet and lifestyle changes
For a more in-depth look at prostate cancer and natural treatment options, please visit Healing Arts Education Foundation at http://www.haefoundation.org/index.html. Award-winning producer, writer, director, and fellow biker, Peter Starr, interviewed 56 doctors from 8 countries, and compiled a generous amount of information about natural healing treatments for prostate cancer and its associated symptoms. Healing Arts Education Foundation is a 501(c), non-profit organization that focuses on educating others about prostate cancer. All of the proceeds go towards producing media and conducting lectures/presentations at a variety of events including corporate gatherings, health expos, and social clubs. Healing Arts Education Foundation is currently planning a similar educational film on natural treatments for breast cancer.
**The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not to be construed as medical care or medical advice, and is not a replacement for medical care given by physicians or trained medical personnel. Bikers Against Prostate Cancer does not directly or indirectly practice medicine, nor do we dispense medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or any other medical service as part of this free web site. Always talk to your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider(s) when experiencing symptoms or health problems, or before starting any new treatment. Bikers Against Prostate Cancer is not to be held responsible for any inaccuracies, omissions, or editorial errors, or for any consequences resulting from the information provided. By continuing to view this site, visitors indicate acceptance of these terms. Visitors who do not accept these terms should not access, use, interact with or view these web pages.
You should evaluate the information together with your physician or another qualified health care professional.**